The Parksville Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1942 in response to a threat of attacks from the west during World War II.
The pump was supplied by the government under the Air Raid Precaution program and a 1929 Graham delivery truck was purchased by the locals to tow this pump. The Fire Hall was built in 1943 totally by volunteers. Later #2 Fire Engine, a 1950 Ford was purchased as the previous equipment was very aged.
This 1950’s Ford Pumper fire truck is on display at