Up to 2010, the home at the corner of Pintail Drive and Johnston
Born in 1857, tempted by the call of the west, Dr. Langis arrived in Vancouver in 1885. Due to ill health, he retired to the farm in Parksville. St. Evar Ranch stretched from Eaglecrest to Johnston Road and from the beach to the E & N Railway tracks adjacent to the Tryon Farm. Of interest, Langis studied rainfall amounts on Vancouver Island and chose French Creek because it had the least rainfall on the coast.
More fun facts; see p. 84 Parksville & then some by Marjorie Leffler
In the late 1930’s, there was a triangular piece of property that every resident considered to be a park. It lay on the Island Highway across from the old Island Hall (now the Beach Club Resort). George Wilson wanted the land to become the first shopping centre in BC....
Ernest and Edith Marks were married in 1908, left England in 1911 and arrived in Parksville in 1912. Ernest became farm manager for A. Lodington Smith, who owned 115 acres along the highway across from where the Quality Bayside Resort now stands. In 1940, the Marks...
In July 1996, George Ward celebrated his 85th birthday at his home in Coombs; George lived on the same property for 80 of those 85 years – how many people can say that? George was born in Vancouver and moved to the Island travelling by train to their new home. George...