Parksville and surrounding area
He became a gardener for both the Qualicum and Eaglecrest Golf Courses. Mr. Topliffe planted the orchard which was adjacent to the lower edge of the golf course. The orchard is now known as The Bluffs of Eaglecrest. Young Frank followed in his father’s footsteps and became
More can be found p. 103 Parksville & then some by Marjorie Leffler
Charles Robert Tryon, fourth son of Rear Admiral Tryon, arrived at French Creek after being a tea planter in Ceylon; sheep rancher in Grenfell, Saskatchewan; scout with the Northwest Mounted Police; grain elevator owner in Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan; and, private bank...
In 1910, Will Stanhope left England, travelled to Canada and crossed the country by train. Horse and buggy brought him to his final destination: French Creek. He bought 10 acres of land now known as Stanhope Road and Wembley Mall. In 1912, his parents joined him. For...
Up to 2010, the home at the corner of Pintail Drive and Johnston Road, had a sign on the corner lawn ‘St. Evar’ but why? It seems this was the location of the Evar Ranch naturally named after Dr. Henri Evarista (St. Evar) Langis. Born in 1857, tempted by the call of...
$5 per person
$10 per family or group
All Events are Free