Parksville & District Historical Society
The Society was officially named and registered under the Societies Act in 1976 and is a member of the B.C. Historical Federation, B.C. Museums Association and Archives Association of B.C.
In 1975, through the concern of a few local
Dedicated members of the Society organize tours, set up displays and provide demonstrations in collaboration with community events. The archives provide a wealth of data about the area and its families.
The Society has provided a list of pioneer names to the local government to be used for street naming, and the Society acts as a
Multiple historical books have been compiled by the Society, most recently Parksville and Then Some by Marge Leffler, originally published in 1999, a collection of histories of local places, families and events in the Parksville area. Articles are written on an ongoing basis by members of the Society and further publications are in the works. The latest edition of Parksville and Then Some has just been published and is available for sale in the gift shop.
Volunteers are always needed to help out with archives,
Come and be involved in our history, come to a meeting or join the Society and contribute. Just like a quilt, the more hands involved the more varied and interesting the quilt becomes.
- The name of the Society is Parksville & District Historical Society.
- The objects of the Society are:
- To gather and preserve information, records and objects of educational, historical and cultural value associated with the area, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing.
- To establish and maintain a museum and archives for the purpose of preserving, recording and exhibiting such material for public education and enjoyment.
- To undertake other activities, which from time to time, may be deemed appropriate.
Board of Directors
Support the preservation and promotion of local history with a membership to the Parksville & District Historical Society.
- Annual Membership fees: $20
- Membership includes:
- monthly Parksville Museum newsletter
- one free 2 hour rental of the meeting room
- 10% discount in the Museum gift shop (some exceptions apply)
- unlimited entrance into the Museum
are greatly appreciated by the
Parksville Historical Society.
If you would like to consider making a significant donation, please get in touch to discuss your preferences so that we may consider appropriate forms of acknowledging your support.